Thread: Ethnic Origins of Beauty

Real Name
    Richard

Ethnic Origins of Beauty

I found this very interesting project on YouTube. It illustrates the differences in beauty among the various ethnicities. The portraits are not always the best photographically but, it does show that the many races of the world have their own forms of beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQW8Tp7WKU&t=19

I realize that some of the ethnicities presented are nationalities, not ethnicities. But, never the less, the project is very interesting...

There are many examples in the world of beautiful women apart from the standard white European concept of beauty.

Ethnic Origins of Beauty

Re: Ethnic Origins of Beauty

I do not find the project interesting. It does not make sense imo. What ethnicity I am is beyond me. What nationality I am is also confusing. Beauty is like truth; in the end it's whatever you want it to be. Fashion is not beauty. Gibson girl vs. Twiggy. Twiggy vs. Cam Karcrashingagain. Sophia Loren? Each bit of her face is ugly but when all the ugly bits are put together you have Sophia.
    While I am here I would comment on getting the right exposure:
    It took Leo a long time to paint the Mona Lisa. He was not capturing a moment rather he was creating one. I also find Brussel sprouts delicious.

Real Name
    roy

I also find Brussel sprouts delicious, particularly with mint sauce
    Roy

Real Name
    Bo or Barbara - I'll answer to both!

Surely there should be similar footage of beautiful men or children of variety of creed and colour ?

Real Name
    Richard

One of the things that I wonder about is how different ethnicities regard beauty among their own people. Unfortunately, many cultures are influenced by European or American advertising in their considerations of beauty in women or handsomeness in men...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 27th October 2022 at 03:49 PM.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Unfortunately, many cultures are influenced by European or American advertising in their considerations of beauty in women or handsomeness in men...
    Influence is a two way street.

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by lunarbo View Post
    Surely there should be similar footage of beautiful men or children of variety of creed and colour ?
    Yes, there should.
    Men are genetically preprogrammed to find women attractive, so naturally male photographers tend to photograph women.
    Logically the gender opposites should be true, so come on girls - where are your photos of men ?