Thread: Adobe Updates

Real Name
    Richard

Adobe Updates

The 2023 Adobe Photoshop V.24 (with updated Adobe Camera Raw) and Adobe Bridge 13.0 are now available for subscription customers. Lot's of neat stuff including: neural filters that I have been using in the Beta Version.

Some previous updates had automatically installed but, this did not.

I found that I could not update from the Help menu within Photoshop. I had to close Photoshop and do the updates from the Adobe Creative Cloud App.

I then needed to change the shortcut I had pinned to the taskbar to reflect the 2023 versions.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 20th October 2022 at 12:02 AM.

Re: Adobe Updates

Same with me today. Downloaded via the Adobe Creative Cloud but then I couldn't find the new Photoshop software. Eventually located it and had to manually pin it to the taskbar.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post

I found that I could not update from the Help menu within Photoshop. I had to close Photoshop and do the updates from the Adobe Creative Cloud App.
    That is normal practice now. Keep the CC app running all the time and you will get all your update notifications from there.

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    That is normal practice now. Keep the CC app running all the time and you will get all your update notifications from there.
    Yes, though it's a bit confusing. The preferences for Creative Cloud are under the blue circle at the top right. If you go to Preferences/General, you will see switches to load Creative Cloud at startup and to keep Creative Cloud (not the apps) up to date. If you turn those both on, Creative Cloud will load when you boot, but only in the background, which is all you need for updating apps. If you want it to appear on screen, you have to execute it from the icon.

If you then go to Preferences/Apps, you will see an "auto update" switch near the top. That refers to updating the apps, like Photoshop, not Creative Cloud itself.

I have CC set to load itself and stay up to date, but I have auto update on the apps page turned off. With this setting, CC will pop up with a notice that there are updates waiting but will leave it to you to install them when you want to, which you do from the CC screen, not from within the apps.