Thread: More Bright Field - Champagne Flute, Wine Glass, Large Brandy Snifter & 4 Spheres

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

More Bright Field - Champagne Flute, Wine Glass, Large Brandy Snifter & 4 Spheres

This is probably my favourite to date...

More Bright Field - Champagne Flute, Wine Glass, Large Brandy Snifter & 4 Spheres

Real Name
    Peter

Re: More Bright Field - Champagne Flute, Wine Glass, Large Brandy Snifter & 4 Spheres

I can see why it is your favourite to date Manfred.

Where do you source the spheres, are they solid glass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: More Bright Field - Champagne Flute, Wine Glass, Large Brandy Snifter & 4 Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    I can see why it is your favourite to date Manfred.

Where do you source the spheres, are they solid glass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Peter; the balls were purchased from Amazon and are solid, clear glass. I have two sizes; 100mm and 80mm.

These are the photographic balls we sometimes see used as "lenses" where the photographer shoots through them with a macro lens. I've seen lots of images like those around over the years. If I recall correctly someone used this technique here at CiC a number of years back.

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Thanks Peter; the balls were purchased from Amazon and are solid, clear glass. I have two sizes; 100mm and 80mm.

These are the photographic balls we sometimes see used as "lenses" where the photographer shoots through them with a macro lens. I've seen lots of images like those around over the years. If I recall correctly someone used this technique here at CiC a number of years back.
    Thanks for the information Manfred. I do have one of the spheres (80mm) that has never been used, there's quite a weight to it which; made me think about how you must take great care in the setting up of your arrangements. I would probably break a number of glasses with a sphere if I tried anything like this.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    Thanks for the information Manfred. I do have one of the spheres (80mm) that has never been used, there's quite a weight to it which; made me think about how you must take great care in the setting up of your arrangements. I would probably break a number of glasses with a sphere if I tried anything like this.
    You are quite correct. Just to make things hard on myself, after I clean the balls (and all of the other surfaces) with glass cleaner and wipe them down with a lit-free cloth, I handle everything wearing thin cotton gloves to ensure that I don't transfer any oils from my hands to the surfaces. That makes things even trickier.

I have only broken one glass so far, and that was when I tired to put one of the glass balls inside a glass. I slipped and no more glass...