Thread: My girl has grownup

Real Name
    Richard

My girl has grown up

Serena, my Great Pyrenees (Pyrenean Mountain Dog) is now two years old. She is maturing beautifully!

My girl has grownup

Although, at a bit over 65 pounds, she is small for her breed - she is extremely strong with powerful jaws.

A great Pyrenees in Texas, recently fought off a pack of 11 coyotes to save the flock of sheep he was guarding. Although the Pyr was a bit chewed up. He finished off 8 of the coyotes and chased off the remaining three. None of the sheep that the dog was guarding were injured.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 14th January 2023 at 06:08 PM.

Real Name
    Jack

Re: My girl has grown up

Great capture! She looks like she'll follow any command you give her.
    Love the eyes.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Beautiful dog.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks for the comments. Serena is a great dog and is getting even better. Our only problem was that her genes told her that she should be outside at night guarding her home and family. It took a while to get her trained to come in when called. The magic training device has been a tendon treat the she absolutely loves. We no longer give this to her earlier in the evening but rather, after we have put her and her small dog friends outside to go potty for the last time. The thought of the tendon treat seems to override her instincts to patrol the yard and she has been coming in when we call her...

Serena is a wonderful dog with our rescues. We don't (because of our ages) rescue as many dogs as we did previously but, we usually have at lest one rescue dog living with us. Serena will sometimes play with the rescue living with us but, will always be kind to the new dog and never challenge it.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 20th January 2023 at 05:10 PM.