Thread: Photoshop Contact Sheet II

Real Name
    Richard

Photoshop Contact Sheet II

I haven't used Photoshop Contact Sheet II before because I simply have had no use for a hard copy contact (type) sheet. However, I wanted to give my daughter a sample of the images I shot of her the other day and found that the Photoshop Contact Sheet II is not only easy to set up but, provided the results that I wanted.

Photoshop Contact Sheet II

BTW: she selected Julie Portrait_2131.jpg as the one she wants for her business website.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Photoshop Contact Sheet II

BTW: she selected Julie Portrait_2131.jpg as the one she wants for her business website.
    A good choice Richard,

When I shoot portraits, I always surprised at the small differences (between shots taken at same time) that make the final choice obvious and, contrastingly, the frustration when I don't shoot enough and end up with none are 'just right'.

A nice set of pictures, well done,
    Dave

PS good luck with the business venture to your daughter.

Real Name
    Dan

It would be a hard choice. There are several really good ones.

Dave's point is even more true with candids of kids, who are usually in constant motion and have constantly changing facial expressions. And, of course, the young ones have randomly occurring runny noses and food bits on their faces. I often just shoot lots in the hopes of getting a good impression, but the culling later is truly tedious.

Real Name
    Richard

I prefer using a zoom lens when shooting kids and puppies because they are so erratic in motion...

Real Name
    roy

I always print a contact sheet of photos when I've been out shooting. I always print the date, location and a file number across the top. I file the contacts in clear envelopes in a ring binder. The file number is where on the external Hard Drive they are located. So I can find any RAW file fairly quickly if I need it. I can't find a method of combining two small batches of photos on one contact sheet, so I have several that only have a dozen or so photos on. I used to file contact sheets with negatives in a similar way.
    Roy
    Last edited by royent; 16th January 2023 at 09:39 AM.