Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Triptych using Photoshop

Real Name
    Richard

Triptych using Photoshop

I would like to format a three portrait triptych using photoshop.

I would like the faces the same size

In this triptych, the image left portrait has a face that seems larger than the other two.

Triptych using Photoshop

I'd like the faces the approximately the same size from hairline to chin...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 20th January 2023 at 08:30 PM.

Real Name
    James

Re: Triptych using Photoshop

Richard,
    I would measure the length between the the hairline and the chin in each image, recording the values.

Then workout the percentage difference in size between the smallest and the others.

I would then use the percentage differences to change the image size of the two larger images (effectively reducing them to the same relative size of the smallest).

There may be a 'tool' to do it, but I have never come across one !

(make sure all three images have the same pixel/inch before measuring)

There may be a photoshop tool to do this but I have never found one yet

Real Name
    André

Richard,
    Crop the middle one from the top left corner down to line up her head with the left photo an from the lower left to bring the bottom of the neckline V in line with the left photo. Similarly, crop the bottom of the right photo again from the bottom left corner.

Real Name
    David

Do it by eye, when it looks right it is right. I would cut the image into its 3 components, import each one into PS, adjust the opacity of each layer so that you can see all three and then adjust the sizes by eye before increasing the page size so that you can place them side by side as before.
    You may need to add to the background of the first one, simple using content aware fill.
    David

Real Name
    Bill

Richard, I use Affinity Photo, not Photoshop but expect the procedures will be pretty much the same. Basically create a new canvas then use "Place" to put the first image into it and size until until it looks right. Select, copy and paste twice and use the Align tool to have the three identical size images evenly spaced horizontally. Select the middle one and use the place tool to place and size your middle image then repeat for the right hand one.

Here's an example I did a few minutes ago: Triptych using Photoshop

There are several YouTube videos on this for AP so there must be loads of them for PS!

EDIT: Looking at this again I realise that the head on the left hand panel hasn't been positioned as well as it could, but for 5 minutes of work, it illustrates the process.
    Last edited by billtils; 22nd January 2023 at 11:15 AM.