Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Meanwhile, in a recent big photo competition:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65296763
    Yes, I saw it as many of us !
    Thank you !

Real Name
    André

Re: AI anyone ?

I am amazed that it fooled judges in a photography contest. There are several give away flaws in the "photo".

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Indeed, but in general it is a pleasant photograph !
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...s-ai-generated

AI anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by The amateur View Post
    ...but in general it is a pleasant photograph...€
    Except it's not a photograph.

Real Name
    David

That's true, but it is a pleasant image.
    I can see that amongst other disruption, this technology is going to require some new terms, or at least, much stricter use of the terms we have.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Moving on a bit, I wondered how well ChatGPT would do in generating an "Artist's Statement". I entered the following text "Create an artist's statement for a still life photographer who photographs the optical interactions between air, glass and water and both white and coloured light."

I was thinking about what I might use at an exhibition of some of my bright field air, glass & water images.

Here is what came back: "As a still life photographer, I am deeply inspired by the interplay of light and matter, particularly as it relates to the unique properties of air, glass, and water. Through my work, I seek to capture the stunning optical effects that occur when these elements are illuminated by both white and colored light, creating a world of color, texture, and form that is both breathtaking and ephemeral.

My images are not just about capturing the beauty of these optical interactions, however - they are also about exploring the deeper meanings and messages behind them. By placing these elements in dialogue with everyday objects and materials, I seek to create images that are both visually striking and conceptually layered.

Through my photography, I hope to encourage viewers to contemplate the complex relationships between light, matter, and perception, and to consider the many ways in which our understanding of the world is shaped by the subtle interplay of these forces. Whether I am exploring the intricate patterns of refracted light in a crystal glass or the delicate dance of bubbles in a pool of water, my goal is always to reveal the hidden beauty and wonder of the world around us."

Good, 100% meaningless fluff; perfect for what I was looking for,...

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Moving on a bit, I wondered how well ChatGPT would do in generating an "Artist's Statement". I entered the following text "Create an artist's statement for a still life photographer who photographs the optical interactions between air, glass and water and both white and coloured light."

I was thinking about what I might use at an exhibition of some of my bright field air, glass & water images.

Here is what came back: "As a still life photographer, I am deeply inspired by the interplay of light and matter, particularly as it relates to the unique properties of air, glass, and water. Through my work, I seek to capture the stunning optical effects that occur when these elements are illuminated by both white and colored light, creating a world of color, texture, and form that is both breathtaking and ephemeral.

My images are not just about capturing the beauty of these optical interactions, however - they are also about exploring the deeper meanings and messages behind them. By placing these elements in dialogue with everyday objects and materials, I seek to create images that are both visually striking and conceptually layered.

Through my photography, I hope to encourage viewers to contemplate the complex relationships between light, matter, and perception, and to consider the many ways in which our understanding of the world is shaped by the subtle interplay of these forces. Whether I am exploring the intricate patterns of refracted light in a crystal glass or the delicate dance of bubbles in a pool of water, my goal is always to reveal the hidden beauty and wonder of the world around us."

Very few artists statements add to my appreciation of their work and most just annoy me. However every now and then I find one that adds too or expands my enjoyment and understanding.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post

I played with your prompt and boiled it down to one sentence.
    As a still-life photographer, I use my technical expertise to capture the intriguing and compelling interplay of air, glass, water, and light, pushing the boundaries of what is possible with photography.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12