Thread: Riviting

Riviting

C&C Welcomed

RivitingRiviting

Re: Riviting

I am not sure about this scene. It doesn't get me excited. Maybe the image is overly complicated so cropping away part of one or both sides would produce a stronger result? There are several cropping options available.

Real Name
    Bruce

I tend to agree with Geoff; on the other hand, the photo kept and held my attention - an important plus for any image. Part of the issue may be the almost vertical black shadows.

I'm intrigued what this structure is, or perhaps was?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I am not sure about this scene. It doesn't get me excited. Maybe the image is overly complicated so cropping away part of one or both sides would produce a stronger result? There are several cropping options available.
    In this case it's what i would consider to be a geometric abstract. as for a crop, yeah I can see that
    Rivitingriviting2

Quote Originally Posted by Cantab View Post
    I tend to agree with Geoff; on the other hand, the photo kept and held my attention - an important plus for any image. Part of the issue may be the almost vertical black shadows.

I'm intrigued what this structure is, or perhaps was?
    Thanks for looking and commenting. This is a closeup/crop of some of the structure of a raised highway section. I'll post a more expansive section of the structure and maybe a better image?

Re-Riviting

C&C Welcomed

RivitingJJ

Re: Re-Riviting

Although similar to the previous image, this scene has that bright central strip which seems to hold my attention and link the sides together. But I wonder about that very bright area on the right side, near the bottom. Maybe tone it down a fraction?

Re: Re-Riviting

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Although similar to the previous image, this scene has that bright central strip which seems to hold my attention and link the sides together. But I wonder about that very bright area on the right side, near the bottom. Maybe tone it down a fraction?
    So far so good, so I'll give it a shot toning down the lower right.
    thanks,
    j