Thread: Pig Face Cornbread

Real Name
    Daniel

Pig Face Cornbread

Two documentary photos.

I bought a cast iron pig face pan while traveling the back roads of Alabama Paied five dollars for it. It seems they came out in the 1930s by several manufacturers. This one looks to be made by Lodge. They were popular in the southern United States and were used for making cornbread. Now it's a collectible, a part of Southern culinary history.

Pig Face Cornbread

My wife made Southern Style Corn Bread in it. Unfortunately, it was undercooked. I sent a photo of the cornbread to my daughter. She said it looked Horrifying. Indeed, that's what makes it interesting.

Pig Face Cornbread

Re: Pig Face Cornbread

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    Two documentary photos.

I bought a cast iron pig face pan while traveling the back roads of Alabama Paied five dollars for it. It seems they came out in the 1930s by several manufacturers. This one looks to be made by Lodge. They were popular in the southern United States and were used for making cornbread. Now it's a collectible, a part of Southern culinary history.

Pig Face Cornbread

My wife made Southern Style Corn Bread in it. Unfortunately, it was undercooked. I sent a photo of the cornbread to my daughter. She said it looked Horrifying. Indeed, that's what makes it interesting.

Pig Face Cornbread
    Yes please, I'll have some. Awesome pan, next up, try a meatloaf

Real Name
    Daniel

Re: Pig Face Cornbread

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    Yes please, I'll have some. Awesome pan, next up, try a meatloaf
    One slice off the snout coming up. Please no crowding, there's enough for everyone.