Thread: Hard Drinks

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Hard Drinks

I've been so busy with other things over the past month or so, that I had not been doing any shooting. I took a bit of time to get back to still life work and spent most of Tuesday and about half of yesterday shooting.

This is the one image I dislike the least; two Glencairn whisky glasses, a martini glass, a large (150mm / 8" clear glass sphere), a couple of clear glass marbles and a short glass rod. I stayed away from the gelled lights in this one to see how things would work out as I wanted a "harder" look.

This is actually a partially colourized image; the whole scene was quite monochrome, but I did a B&W conversion except for the glass marbles.

Hard Drinks

Real Name
    Bill

Re: Hard Drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post

This is the one image I dislike the least; two Glencairn whisky glasses, a martini glass, a large (150mm / 8" clear glass sphere), a couple of clear glass marbles and a short glass rod. I stayed away from the gelled lights in this one to see how things would work out as I wanted a "harder" look.

Hard Drinks
    I like it very much indeed. The mono parts of the glassware have crisp, clear edges and the red and green add punch. The horizon division just playing with the liquid level in the glasses - super!

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Hard Drinks

Love the composition and the colours and the absence of colours too. It works well. Maybe some yellow colour in the top glass?
    Cheers Ole