Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to make something out of abandoned equipment

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: trying to make something out of abandoned equipment

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    ike a big black crow standing on the fender saying cheese. Imagine if an old doll weathered with time was lying face down in front of the tree.
    In my view, those would be distracting elements that need to be removed from the image. The image is about the old car and in my view, manages quite well all by itself.

As with any image, the way we view things is highly subjective, so my view and your view are not necessarily going to align.

Real Name
    Dan

It all depends on what one wants to accomplish, but my interest is something akin to an environmental portrait, although about a car rather than a person. the contrast between the ruined and decaying car and the vibrant forest around it is part of the story for me. I agree with Manfred that props would be a distraction from that story. But one could start out trying to tell a very different kind of story.

Real Name
    Bill

I agree with you and Manfred re introducing "props" and the "environmental portrait" goal is indeed better suited to colour than mono (especially in your latest edit )

(But there is still a good "abandoned equipment" image in a mono conversion ...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12