Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Spotted Dragonfly

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Spotted Dragonfly

Comments welcomed.

Karm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Spotted Dragonfly

Looks good, but it's really hard to see at this small size. I recommend that you post the image on another site that allows larger sizes, like Smugmug or Flickr, and then post here by pasting a link to the other site. I do this with Smugmug, and a number of other people do it with Flickr. I assume other sites are used as well. if you have another site, someone here can probably help you with the process of posting a link.

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Looks good, but it's really hard to see at this small size. I recommend that you post the image on another site that allows larger sizes, like Smugmug or Flickr, and then post here by pasting a link to the other site. I do this with Smugmug, and a number of other people do it with Flickr. I assume other sites are used as well. if you have another site, someone here can probably help you with the process of posting a link.

Thanks, DanK. See if this works: https://www.flickr.com/photos/karmre...in/dateposted/

Karm

Clicking on the original image brings up a 700 pixel sized image which is sufficient to view. The Flickr one is only slightly larger.

Real Name
    Dan

Kam,

On my screens, it takes about 100 px on the long side to fill the CiC frame. See, for example, Black-eyed Susans.

If you paste a link to something larger than that, it will show up in larger form if people double click on the image. If I want to get comments on details, I typically post a link that is 2000 px or so on the long side.

Simply pasting the link will take people to your flickr page, but it won't insert the image here. You have to use the image icon, the third from the right above the box where you type your message. Smugmug produces the correct URL for this purpose. I think that to use Flicker, you may need to remove BB code from the link before you paste it, but I don't use Flickr, so I don't know. Many people here do, and some have posted explicit instructions.

Can a Flickr user help Karm with this?

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Kam,

On my screens, it takes about 100 px on the long side to fill the CiC frame. See, for example, Black-eyed Susans.

If you paste a link to something larger than that, it will show up in larger form if people double click on the image. If I want to get comments on details, I typically post a link that is 2000 px or so on the long side.

Simply pasting the link will take people to your flickr page, but it won't insert the image here. You have to use the image icon, the third from the right above the box where you type your message. Smugmug produces the correct URL for this purpose. I think that to use Flicker, you may need to remove BB code from the link before you paste it, but I don't use Flickr, so I don't know. Many people here do, and some have posted explicit instructions.

Can a Flickr user help Karm with this?