Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Inferno

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Inferno

It was suggested that I go at my smoke and glass with red and yellow lights, almost in what one could imagine Dante's Inferno looks like out in space. I've gone with a bit wider view and with a very loose crop.

Inferno

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Inferno

Interesting. Pretty certain I would prefer it without the line/transition in the background across the outer edges in the centre. I think it would appear to be floating in space if the background was not divided.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks Paul - frankly there are a few things I don't like about it, but I'm currently taking a course where the instructor suggested the format, the colours and the technique. We will be reviewing these on Thursday morning, so I'm planning to discuss my issues with it.

He was thinking that this piece might work well if rotated by 90 degrees and displayed in vertical / portrait orientation. I suspect the line will be important if that ends up happening. These are all going to end up as prints, so gamut issues galore with these colours.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Interesting. Pretty certain I would prefer it without the line/transition in the background across the outer edges in the centre. I think it would appear to be floating in space if the background was not divided.
    I agree with Paul. I guess the "line" is the edge of a glass table ?