Thread: Kiki

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Kiki

Kiki
    Kiki
    by Leo Bhaskara, on Flickr

Recently I feel like she's distressed because of a new adult cat I adopted. The new girl is very ferocious.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Kiki

Hi Leo, She's doing a good job of making herself look 'big' in your shot.

Yes, introducing a new adult cat to an established one can be a bit worrying - we did so after one of a pair died and the other was wailing and lonely, right up until we got him company! There were a few days when 'the fur flew' as they established their relative 'rank', which fortunately in our case, has worked out to be equal. Now they have silent play-fights a few times a day, taking turns at being the chasing protagonist. This in contrast to the howling real fights they had in the first few days. Beyond that, they just live and eat together as brothers now, as house cats because the roads being too cat-dangerous around our locale.

I hope Kiki can find comfort and friendship soon.

Dave

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Leo, She's doing a good job of making herself look 'big' in your shot.

Yes, introducing a new adult cat to an established one can be a bit worrying - we did so after one of a pair died and the other was wailing and lonely, right up until we got him company! There were a few days when 'the fur flew' as they established their relative 'rank', which fortunately in our case, has worked out to be equal. Now they have silent play-fights a few times a day, taking turns at being the chasing protagonist. This in contrast to the howling real fights they had in the first few days. Beyond that, they just live and eat together as brothers now, as house cats because the roads being too cat-dangerous around our locale.

I hope Kiki can find comfort and friendship soon.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Kiki doesn't only look big, she's very big in term of body volume and body mass
    She weighs 6.7 kgs (15 lbs), excluding her fur

Cathy (from caterpillar because she likes to wiggle on the floor) doesn't hiss or attack Kiki anymore when they accidentally meet, but I can't say that they're friendly, yet.

This is the new cat, a Bengal.
    Kiki
    Cathy
    by Leo Bhaskara, on Flickr

Real Name
    Ken

"Kiki doesn't only look big, she's very big in term of body volume and body mass
    She weighs 6.7 kgs (15 lbs), excluding her fur"

How did you weigh her without the fur?

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Quote Originally Posted by Ken MT View Post
    "Kiki doesn't only look big, she's very big in term of body volume and body mass
    She weighs 6.7 kgs (15 lbs), excluding her fur"

How did you weigh her without the fur?
    We shaves her multiple times a year, leaving just 1-2 mm on the whole body.
    And we weigh her once a week so we know how much she weighs with and without fur.

But my previous comment was just in jest, the difference in weight is not significant either with or without fur..