Thread: Spheres & Prisms

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Spheres & Prisms

This is likely the last posting I am going to put of for at least a week as the next week is going to be super busy.

Experimenting with prisms, spheres and hemispheres and the usual collection of two analogous coloured gels and heavy smoke.

Spheres & Prisms

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Spheres & Prisms

This, again, looks good to me.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks Ole - this one is one of my favourites. Not too complex and using the two semi-spheres has nicely connected the two halves of the image, without overwhelming it.

Real Name
    David

Looks great to me too, i like it a lot

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

After staring at this over the past month, I decided I did not like my original retouch. The scene was nice enough, but the image lacked impact and mood, so I spent the past week or so retouching it again and I feel this is more what I am looking for here. Unfortunately, it loses a bit when I convert from ProPhoto RGB to sRGB...

Spheres & Prisms
    Last edited by Manfred M; 24th December 2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Updated image based on comments

Real Name
    Ole

This is a very strong image. The previous shot I like also. I don't think the two images compare at all.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Manfred, the first image placed here at the beginning seems to have stronger chromatic terms, while the last one has a higher smoke density and appears more uniform, flatter without any focal point, which leads me to think that perhaps something in between would be more suitable.

I understand that sometimes it's very difficult to choose between two such similar images, but I believe the choice should lean towards the one that integrates better into the set.
    Moreover, there's a mysterious line right in the middle that crosses the image...

The composition is indeed very good, and the work is excellent, with a creatively used mysterious horizontal and vertical symmetry.