Thread: Concrete bed

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Concrete bed

This may indeed be a very hard bed, a bed with a mattress made of concrete.
    It seems like a tough thing to sleep on here however, if they built it, someone must use it, right ?

Maybe they'll place a substantially thick mattress on top to mitigate the hardness of the concrete, who knows ?
    Must be !

The light coming in through the window made me realize how interesting the illumination was inside this apparently uninhabited room but still with electric light. Interesting, curious !

Concrete bed

Real Name
    Daniel

Re: Concrete bed

Intereting scene, Antonio. It makes me wonder how it all looked when it was first built and furnished and how long ago that might have been. The image for me is fuel for the imagination.

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your comment, Daniel.

I think this compartment never got to be used because it seemed integrated into a set of others where it wasn't clear whether they were under construction or had been abandoned.

However, everything from the presence of light to the existence of electricity, blankets, and what seems to be clothing, leads me to believe that someone had slept there at least during the construction.

There's even a fan on the ceiling for when it gets too hot.

I didn't get to know whether these constructions had been authorized or not, but it's very likely that they weren't, considering that area had some form of limitation on this activity.

The room, was immediately to the right after the steps.

Cheers !
    Concrete bed

It must have been a long wait before that bed could be used - until the concrete had set. But I suppose it might have been cooler than more conventional bed designs.

A place for construction workers to slip away for a skive ?

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Geoff, this was actually made for people to lie down and use.
    Sometimes, comfort levels vary across cultures, as do cleanliness standards.

The room in the far back has a door visible in the photograph, locked, indicating it's in use by someone.
    However, the bed might be just a stone or brick base covered thinly with concrete, made locally.

Notice Geoff, the painting around this window here on the right side, the colourful floral painting against a white background... intriguing, isn't it ?

Cheers !
    Last edited by The amateur; 20th December 2023 at 06:52 PM.