Thread: Heavy Fog

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Heavy Fog

A day of shooting and a couple of days of retouching give me this scene... I used a different, more heavy handed approach to adding the smoke and uses a significantly modified shooting setup here.

A hint of Star Wars here? Darth Vader descending from his ship, perhaps?

Heavy Fog
    Last edited by Manfred M; 29th December 2023 at 04:08 AM.

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Heavy Fog

I think 'Darth Vader's' ship is obscured by too much red in my opinion.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    I think 'Darth Vader's' ship is obscured by too much red in my opinion.
    Cheers Ole
    Too red? How can that be? It is supposed to be quite obscured by heavy fog.

The exhibition curator at the gallery I am looking at showing these pieces (SPAO Gallery - April 19 - May 19, 2024) likes reds and the heavy, heavy fog look. Should I tell him he's wrong?

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

In the vast panorama of images comprising Manfred's 'Nebulae' project, this one stands out for its visual intensity. An initial impression might suggest a certain aggressiveness emanating from both the vibrant color and the predominantly angular geometric shapes dominating it, except for a rounded softness that intriguingly contrasts.

While personally not having a direct connection with references such as 'Star Wars' or the iconic figure of 'Darth Vader,' this particular image transcends direct associations, revealing itself as its own universe, independent of any external influence.

I'm personally drawn to the shades of blue and green, thus finding a special charm in compositions that blend these two colors. However, I acknowledge that this preference doesn't limit my appreciation, as this image, with its rich and varied palette, proves that other chromatic proposals can be equally immersive and fascinating.

The vertical symmetry present in this artwork adds an additional layer of complexity to my visual experience. It's a challenging image capable of arousing a diverse range of sensations and emotions, some of which might not be immediately comforting but certainly stimulate reflection and appreciation for its depth.

There's no doubt about the arduous and meticulous work behind this collection. I can imagine the concrete effort and devotion put into creating and refining each of these pieces. An art gallery, with its discerning audience, will undoubtedly be the ideal place to exhibit and fully appreciate the richness and originality of these images.

I express my sincerest wishes for success for this magnificent collection. May it find its deserved recognition and secure its place of prominence in the hearts and minds of those privileged to contemplate it.
    Heavy Fog

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thank you Antonio - This is the same scene that was not well received when I posted it a few weeks ago...

New Still Life Photograph

I made some significant changes in the setup and lighting here....

Real Name
    Ole

The curator is correct. The people I have shown this image to are wrong.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    The curator is correct. The people I have shown this image to are wrong.
    Cheers Ole
    The curator is correct because he is designing the exhibition for a particular audience. The people you have shown the image to are likely not that audience, given your comment. This suggests that they are not the audience this type of work will appeal to, so their reaction is understandable.

The reason I listen to the curator is that he has a better grasp of what the audiences that go to contemporary fine art exhibitions are interested in seeing, than I do. As I am working to appeal to that group, I listen to him and use him as a sounding board...

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Seeking integration within artistic groups is strategic, yet at times, it limits our expression.

I support your targeted approach, but it's crucial to balance, please, and create from the heart.

Your goal is admirable, but preserving our essence is equally important. Finding that balance is the true art.

Cheers !