Thread: Chateau windows

Real Name
    David

Chateau windows

Chateau windows

Challenging light here, a quite sombre interior with bright south facing windows. A blend of two exposures.

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Re: Chateau windows

Hi there,

I wanted to start by congratulating you on your work. The image you showing is very interesting and creative. The composition is well thought-out and the atmosphere is mysterious and inviting to reflection.

As an amateur photographer, I know that light is a fundamental element. The light coming through the castle windows is stunning and creates a very beautiful effect.
    However, I think you could improve the composition of the image by placing the models a little more to the right. This way, you would be able to hide the heating grates and somehow avoid the bright sky from distracting the viewer's attention.

Another suggestion I have is that you could have framed the image without the window on the left side. The bright sky is beautiful, but it is not essential to the composition. The window on the right side, on the other hand, is more interesting, as it creates a contrast with the dark atmosphere of the castle.

Of course, these are just suggestions. The image is very well done and is already very interesting as it is. But I think with these small adjustments you could make it even better.

Keep on photographing with so much creativity !

Bonne année !

Real Name
    David

Re: Chateau windows

Thanks for the comments Antonio. Models a bit more to the right, yes I agree. Moving my pov to the left would work too I think. However, I feel that the window on the left is essential - it anchors the pattern of light and shade on the floor which is a key part of the shot.