Thread: LG Monitor calibration

Real Name
    William

LG Monitor calibration

Good evening people I have an LG 32UN880 ultrafine monitor and I want to calibrate it for some printing. I have a Calibrite Display colorimeter and the software which goes with it.

I know that LG supply their own software which I have tried but my question is whether or not this LG software gives a hardware or software calibration. I phoned LG and they didn't know! If it is hardware I assume it is better than software.

Please does anyone know?

Thank you

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: LG Monitor calibration

The factory supplied software is used to write to the display's internal memory, rather than having to load the lookup table from the system drive on the computer.

I would use the software supplied by the screen manufacturer, as it is designed to be used with the hardware.

I have a similar situation and use Benq supplied software, which is based on the Calibrite / x-Rite software. Just make sure to only use one, otherwise there will be the potential of a conflict and the calibration could be incorrect.

Real Name
    William

Thank you,Manfred. Good to know. That answers my question

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    The factory supplied software is used to write to the display's internal memory, rather than having to load the lookup table from the system drive on the computer.

I would use the software supplied by the screen manufacturer, as it is designed to be used with the hardware.

I have a similar situation and use Benq supplied software, which is based on the Calibrite / x-Rite software. Just make sure to only use one, otherwise there will be the potential of a conflict and the calibration could be incorrect.
    Thanks for the advice, you made my day.