Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Essential Film Holder

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Essential Film Holder

It is time to scan many, many negatives that I have, as well as "some" 35mm positive slides.

I started by doing the work on an old Epson V330, whose results are relatively weak.

In the search for alternatives, I ended up finding this equipment, which seems particularly interesting to me because of all the potential it allows.

Unfortunately, items purchased in England when sold in the European Union are subject to the payment of taxes, so I have to add the applicable taxes to the price of the equipment.
    And there is no other way to buy this.

I am convinced that the results are good when obtained through equipment as simple but as good as this.

Does anyone here have experience with it ?

I would be very grateful for any advice or feedback.

Thank you !

YouTube - Amateur Photographer

Essential Film Holder
    Last edited by The amateur; 4th March 2024 at 10:42 PM.

Real Name
    Len

Re: Essential Film Holder

Antonio, this is interesting and worth looking into I believe.
    I also have a collection of Kodachrome slides from the 70's - 80's that could be brought back to "life"
    At that time, if one wanted a print made from a slide, an Internegative would have to be taken (usually 4x5 format) requiring the services of a custom photo lab.

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Re: Essential Film Holder

Thank you for your comment Len.

The work I did on the Epson V330 shows me that color negatives deteriorate over time, which is normal because film is a chemical product.
    I'm talking about negatives that are 46 years old, and I'm convinced that the slides will also have altered colours, even if I do a perfect scan and process from the RAW images.
    For now, I'm in the process of ordering, so we'll see what the future holds, and especially, the practice of using this equipment.

As a final note: The really important thing here is to preserve memories.

Essential Film Holder