Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On the Porch

Real Name
    Daniel

On the Porch

I took this cell phone shot this morning. No adjustments were made. I made an auto adjustment and cropped a bit of the sides, but I preferred the original. I might lighten the cactus a bit.
    On the Porch

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: On the Porch

In addition to the cactus brightening, if mine, I would at least rotate clockwise to get the pot level. I might even try PS perspective correction to get the posts vertical, but 'undo' if that lost too much of the viewpoint.

What struck me, I'm odd, I know was it's a shot that would have benefited from a helper, or stand, holding a fairly large white reflector just out of shot on camera right hand side, to lighten the shadows at time of shooting, rather than/or as well as, in post processing. That said, I know how unlikely one is to have such a thing to hand when needed.

Well done for 'seeing' and taking the shot,
    Dave

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you, Dave, for your suggestions. I tried lightening the cactus in post-processing with minimal success. A white reflector would have been perfect for this shot. I will look into purchasing one. This is something new for me to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    I took this cell phone shot this morning. No adjustments were made. I made an auto adjustment and cropped a bit of the sides, but I preferred the original. I might lighten the cactus a bit.
    On the PorchNice; I like it. Today, i want to share about a webste with you all, When i stuck in a writnig work, and to get my work done. Today, I'd like to tell you about a website that I used when I was stuck writing and needed to get my work done. visited https://domypaper.com/ them, and when I ordered one paper from them and got it, I was happy that I found them. They are affordable and professional in their work. If you also need someone to work for you, you can visit them.

Nice, I like it
    Last edited by JamesMarley; 21st April 2024 at 09:09 PM.

Brightening excessive shadow areas can be difficult and results in a weak muddy looking area. Trying different blend modes or adding a fraction of saturation can help