Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where I have been since early September

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Re: Where I have been since early September

Congratulations and best wishes for your position in this ensemble of excellent works that deserve a prominent place in the world art scene.

The arrangement of the pieces seems particularly well achieved, as does the chromatic arrangement of the various images captured.

Good health !

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I've just been scheduled to give two Artist Talks at the SPAO Gallery; 77 Pamilla St, Ottawa, Canada.

On Saturday April 20, I will primarily be talking about my nine prints in the "Nebulous" series. On Saturday April 27, I will primarily be talking about my two books entitled "Toolbugz". One is a fine art book and one is a children's book.

A number of other artists will be there speaking about their work.

Where I have been since early September

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Two busy days with the opening of Exhibition No 19 at the SPAO: Photographic Arts Centre yesterday afternoon. I was there from 13:00 until 22:00, so quite tired and talked out.

There were a LOT more people at the reception than I had expected and I got a lot of complements on both sets of work on display at the exhibition.

While the prints on the wall looked great and the fine art book "Toolbugz" was very well received, I could not show my children's book because the publish has still not shipped (it should have been in my hands on Tuesday and now they are giving May 2 as the shipment date. Thanks for screwing up Mixam.ca.

I was back for a couple of hours today, giving an Artist Talk on my print series Nebulous. There were 17 people in attendance and three of us gave talks. I'm back next week to talk about Toolbugz.

It was nice to meet CiC Member André (Round Tuit) who came to my Artist Talk today. Thanks for coming André!

The exhibition runs until May 12, 2024. The gallery is open from noon until 5:00 PM Wednesday through Sunday.

A few shots from the exhibition opening:

1. Where I have been since early September

2. Pretty crowded - my body of work Nebulous on display on the left. Lots of complements on my series.

3. Pretty busy in the main gallery too

4. It was so busy and hot that I had to keep stepping outside to cool down.

Real Name
    André

I was pleased to have the opportunity to take in the SPAO exhibition yesterday and to finally meet Manfred after some seven years of exchanging comments on this site.

I was surprised that the pictures looked as bright as prints as we had seen them on our screen. I had expected them to appear duller. The framing in shadow boxes without matting was very effective at creating the illusion of looking through a window at a different world. Finally I must say that size matter. At 16 x 20 inches each, the prints certainly grab your attention.

The works of the other artists exhibiting at the show was also impressive and varied.

If any of you have the opportunity to visit the exhibition, I would highly recommend that you do so.

Real Name
    Dann

Congratulations and my best wishes to you, Manfred, from the other side of The Big Pond (aka the Pacific)!

You have succeeded in doing what so many of us long dream about, but somehow never find the time (or the necessary funds) to achieve. A

Your work is most impressive and would be a fine addition to anyone's collection.

ll the more power to you in the future direction/s of your photography.

DANN in (usually) Melbourne and (now in) Surabaya, Indonesia

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Yipee! They may be 2 weeks late, but at least they arrived well before the exhibition closes.

The gallery is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and opens on Wednesdays at noon. I have a meeting at SPAO tomorrow at 11:00 so, I will take a few copies in then

Real Name
    David

Splendid Manfred, a fine series and I love the books.
    Wish I could see it in person. Bravo !
    David

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

This chapter in my photographic journey ended today, as I graduated with a Diploma in Photographic Arts and Production this afternoon, from the School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa. This is the only two-year college level diploma in fine art photography in Canada.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive two awards for my work; one for my lighting work and another for my work in book design.

It was both interesting and challenging to study under a number of nationally and internationally recognized instructors.

It's time for a couple of weeks of rest and planning before I start working on my next projects...

Real Name
    Bill

Congratulations Manfred! Not everything you did on this journey was to my personal taste but I appreciated all of it and am delighted at the successful outcome.

Real Name
    André

Congratulation Manfred. Having had the opportunity to see your prints and the prototype of the book, I certainly agree that they were superb.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Looks like this part of my photographic journey is now complete.

Exhibition #19 ended on Sunday and I picked up all of my artwork on display on Monday and I brought it all home.

Time to start the next part of the journey and time to get back to photographing and retouching without it being some kind of assignment or class project...

Real Name
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12