Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers, but differently

Real Name
    David

Flowers, but differently

Our club is still working towards our forthcoming exhibition at a major flower festival. The trouble is that we feel the need to stay on topic but simple shots of "pretty flowers" are a bit boring. After much discussion we came up with the theme "flowers, but differently", images of flowers, but shot or presented in an original way (my Camelia shot of a couple of weeks ago was an early attempt).

Here's a later idea : motion blur achieved by taking multiple shots and rotating the vase after each one, then blending in PS.

Flowers, but differently

Real Name
    André

Re: Flowers, but differently

Hi David,

This doesn't work well for me. Perhaps if you kept one clean shot in the foreground and blended a much paler version of the rest in the background. The background shots would not even have to be lined up with the foreground.

Real Name
    Daniel

I love the ethereal look. The composition is interesting, maybe more so than if the full arrangement were displayed.

Has this image become overly complicated and confusing? But I think there could be alternatives using this technique.