Thread: The pigeon

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

The pigeon

Simple, unpretentious image of dusk on a lake, where a pigeon waits, somewhat hidden.

The pigeon

Real Name
    André

Re: The pigeon

This is lovely Antonio. What is the structure jutting into the water?

Real Name
    Dan

It's a lovely view and a wonderful sky. However, I'd crop a fair amount off the right side; the tree is distracting and not attractive. I'd leave the top part but get rid of most of the part on the side, perhaps cloning to get rid of some stray branches. If that creates an imbalance, I would trim a little bit from the bottom.

Real Name
    Antonio Correia

Thank you, Andrew and Dan, for your comments.

I took this photo in India, by a lake. The structure in the foreground is a water retention mechanism that distributes water to the adjacent fields.
    The structure is a bit rundown. There used to be a guardrail to prevent people from falling into the water, and there was a square hole that housed a pigeon nest. The pigeon in the photo was waiting to return to the nest.
    I was intrigued by the pigeon's presence, so I asked our guide why it was there. He explained the reason and showed me the hole where the nest is. I should have photographed it, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

Dan, I think the composition is fine as it is. The foreground on the right leads the eye to the concrete structure, which is directed away from the viewer.

I took four or five photos at the time, and I chose this one because I think it best represents the scene at sunset.
    Cheers !