Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mirrorless

Real Name
    Len

Mirrorless

I noticed that B&H in New York currently has a promotion of various brands of mirrorless cameras and lenses with respectable savings.
    For example the Canon R6 Mk II is listed at $1999 marked down by $500.
    Unfortunately B&H are not able to ship this camera to Canada........

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Mirrorless

Check with Canadian retailers. I think this is a Canon sale, not B&H. I saw a notice this morning about a similar savings in the UK.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I've just checked three Canadian "bricks & mortar" stores that I usually deal with; Aden Camera, Henrys and Vistek.

They all have the R6 MkII listed, but the discount in nowhere near as deep as in the USA deal. The best I can find is a $CAD 200 discount, on a base price of $3100.

https://www.henrys.com/canon-eos-r6-...n+RF&style=New

Unfortunately the deals in the USA seem to be better. In the past Canon North America was the distributor in both countries, but is seems that this is no longer the case with separate entities on both countries, with separate pricing and warranties.

That being said, this could just be a timing issues, as sales are not always synchronized worldwide.

Real Name
    Len

The update I received from B&H this morning is promoting National Photo Month and discounts are being offered on Canon, Nikon, Fuji Etc......
    I had also checked with Vistek and the price as Manfred mentions for the R6 MkII is $3100.

Real Name
    Doc

It's a Canon deal. All the UK dealers, on-line and high street, have the R6 MkII down from £2800 to £1999. I'm definitely tempted, but there are no EF-RF converters in stock.

Real Name
    Dan

I shoot an R6 II, and I love it. I would have preferred a slightly higher pixel count (I dropped down from the 30 on the 5D IV), but in other respects, it's a superb camera, and I have no buyer's remorse.

The EF-RF adapter is usually available. I have a couple, both the cheaper ones with no control ring. Frankly, if I hadn't already bought one, I'd by it and let it sit on a shelf until adapters come back in stock.

That's disappointing about the shipping restriction to Canada. You might consider checking with other retailers who might offer similar promotions and ship to Canada, or explore local options for purchasing the Canon R6 Mk II at a competitive price. If you’re looking for a trustworthy essay-writing service, look no further than https://essayroo.org/ They’ve consistently delivered top-notch papers for me, meeting all academic standards. Their prices are reasonable, and the support team is always ready to assist. Check them out if you need any academic assistance.
    Last edited by PatrickPowell; 17th June 2024 at 02:04 PM.

Real Name
    Bruce

A month has passed since the previous posts about the price in Canada for the R6 Mark II.

My local bricks and mortar camera store out here on the west coast of Canada, Kerrisdale Cameras, is currently advertising the R6 Mark II with a $400 rebate for a sale price of $2899.99: https://kerrisdalecameras.com/shop/t...iation=3310803

Real Name
    Kathy

Just to make you guys feel even worse , Canon USA has deals on refurbs. The R6ii isn't in stock at the moment, but the refurb body is priced at US$1599, which is $200 off the Black Friday refurb price. And apparently, these deals are USA-only; none of the other market regions has equivalent deals.

These bodies are coming directly from the Canon USA factory, individually inspected/calibrated and with the same warranty as a new copy. They may be broken/repaired copies, they may simply be copies that can no longer be sold as new (damaged packaging, open box return, etc.) Back in ye olden dSLR days, both my dSLR bodies (a 50D and a 5Dii) that I got from Canon USA had <10 shutter actuation counts on them, and anecdotally some of the oldtimers said the had better luck with refurbs than new copies on reliability because production line copies are only spot-inspected.

In addition, if you already have a Canon body of any kind, you can use the serial number on it to get an additional 10% discount off any in-stock refurb via the Canon Loyalty Program.

On most messageboards when someone says they "just want something better than their phone" and they're looking at 10+ year old used mirrorless/dSLR bodies to get a cheap setup or something lower-cost/trashable for their teenagers, I'll point them to the $299 R100 refurb kit sale price. That price has happened half a dozen times this year (regular refurb price is $399; MSRP on a new kit is $499).

And for the cheapskates who want full frame, a refurb RP body is currently $549.

We Yanks are spoiled stupid when it comes to Canon pricing.