Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ferry in the Fog

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Ferry in the Fog

Quebec Route 138 runs along the north shore of the St Lawrence River / Gulf of St Lawrence. With a small population and a wide river crossing, there is no bridge over the Saguenay River, where it flows into the Saint Lawrence river. Ferry service connects the two sections of the highway, which are part of the highway system (no charge to use the ferry). There are two ferries in use.

When we used the ferry, there was a lot of fog on the river, so I caught the ferry just emerging from the fog. The trees on the high cliffs can be seen peeking through the clouds at the right.

Ferry in the Fog

Real Name
    André

Re: Ferry in the Fog

I have been across that river many times in the late 70s when I was posted to a radar station about 17 miles east of Sept-Isles. At the time that was the end of the paved road. From there you had a bone jarring 132 miles gravel road to reach the actual end of the road at Havre-Saint-Pierre.

I like your moody photo. The squarish format suits it well although loosing some of the water might also be effective.